Sunday, April 17, 2011

frosting...how much is too much

my birthday was two weeks ago, and it was one of the best i've ever had. a combination of friends coming in from out of town, a group of about 15 dancing at the bar all night, parents coming to visit the next day, and a lot of presents. in addition to a nice bottle of wine, a dvd, and a manicure paid for by my boss and scheduled while i was still on the clock at work, i also received a bunch of sweets. what does all this say about me?

~three cans of frosting (two of which appeared on my desk, and nobody will take credit/blame for putting them there)
~bottle of nutella (there is a story behind this)
~supersize box of oatmeal cream pies (genius!!)
~two things of ghirardelli chocolate ball thingies (like an upscale bag of m&m's x2)
~a bag of lindor chocolates
~cupcake chapstick (and nobody to kiss)
~cupcake air freshener for my car
~cupcake book of recipes
~cupcake shaped plastic key covers

my boss (who did give me one of the cans of frosting) thinks my addiction (to frosting) is out of control. but in my defense, i did not gift myself with these things. i don't like to waste food, so i must consume it all, right? one at a time, i am tackling the presents.

you may be wondering where the frosting addiction originated. here is my conclusion...i have been working for a company for just over two years. they happen to have a bakery which makes cupcakes the size of a softball. they are scrumptious. i could easily eat 2 a day...but i don't. so, once i discovered the chocolate cupcake with the buttercream frosting, i literally died and went to heaven. then i came back. and bought more cupcakes. it is the frosting that makes the cupcake in this case. thus...the addiction began.

i personally don't see a problem here. i am a size 6, went through a battery of tests a few months ago (that's a whole other story) and found out i am extremely healthy, and i do eat good food too. so there! make fun of me all you want, but at least i don't hide my addiction.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment